Sunday, January 31, 2010

And the Fantasy comes crashing down

Never mind the fact that Criminal Minds was preempted by the SOFU. That was a whole other mind crushing disappointment I had to endure and am still attempting to recover from.

No, my fantasy came crashing down when my husband decided to ignore my claims of "he's fine" and take our son to the doctor after I kept him home for 2 days. Yeah, so he had a fever but it was not consistent and each time it came back, it wasn't as high.

Well one of the reasons it continued to come back was I was under dosing our son with the Motrin. Yes, you read that right - under dosing. Kinda forgot about the whole age + certain weight means we can up him to Children's Motrin vs. Infant Motrin.

Trust me, as a parent there are much worse mistakes you can make.

Like ignoring your husband's "recommendation" to take your son to the doctor and you reply with "he's fine".

Thankfully my husband ignored my"he's fine" and took him anyway. Poor kid had the onset of bronchitis.

Oh yeah - I am rockin' this whole mom thing. I got a big ole S on my chest. Yeah baby.

Shit Head. Shit Hole. Shit for Brains. Sure as hell ain't for Super Mom.

2 days of breathing treatments via nebulizer (which all toddlers LOVE. Seriously - if you have a toddler - it is the MUST HAVE of the season. I believe you can find them on special - including a free rectal thermometer. Your kid will be signing you up for Parent of the Year the moment you walk in the door) and the doctor pronounced him fit.

2 days.

I may not be SuperMom but there is hope for my kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment