Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Allow Me My Fantasy World

And not the one that involves me and Mr. Shemar Moore although Criminal Minds does air tonight and my husband will be working late due to the State of the Union. Ah but I digress.

I've spent the past two days home with Little Man as he decided spiking a fever was the new in thing. Rather than aim for Mother of the Year (Hell if my own mother hasn't won that accolade yet, I figure I've got years to put in for it), I opted to be a semi-decent employee that past two days. Yeah I stayed home with my kid but I plopped him in front of the TV while I telecommuted.

Anyone who knows me knows how evil I think the TV is for kids. Adults - whole other ball game (have you seen Shemar Moore recently? Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J in the same show? Work with me people).

So for two days I exposed my son to Evil.

I have the entire script to Cars memorized. I am very close to memorizing the entire script for Ice Age the Meltdown and Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs. And if I hear "SQUIRREL" one more time my ear drums may spontaneously combust.

Serves me right eh? Nah - that was letting me off easy.

Little Man's giggling catches my attention at one point in time so I glance over the laptop. He's taken off his shoes and pants.

Now in my fantasy world (in which the sky is chocolate brown today) he was practicing putting his pants back on. You know - learning to dress himself.

In my fantasy world he was learning to dress himself an awful lot today. In my fantasy world, he was also learning to change his own diaper an awful lot today.

I love my fantasy world.

No comments:

Post a Comment