Sunday, January 3, 2010

Never Say Never

It never takes long does it.

Little Man crawled out of bed this morning. Skipped the first side of the bed he encountered (daddy's side) and walked right around to my side. And so it begins.

He also crawled out of bed after his nap this afternoon and called down for me to release him from the upstairs. I went up to get him only to see his attempt at streaking. His pjs were in a pile by the gate. He was sitting back on his bed working on his diaper.

Thankfully my brain kicked into gear. He hadn't pooped all day so I thought I'd better check that diaper before he figured out the tabs or actually succeeded at tugging it off (he was damn close). Oh thank you 2 double espressos! You saved me from a rather nasty clean up.

The majority of my friends who have kids have regaled me with stories of finger painting with poop and dragging dirty diapers all over the place. I've laughed at their misery and commiserated that I would soon join their ranks. That it was only a matter of time.
.
All the while I was thinking that my son would never do such a thing.

And now my lame attempt to distract you from your snorts of laughter.

Daddy normally handles bath time. Little Man went through a phase where only Daddy was allowed to and let's just say I've milked that sucker almost dry. Lately though, he's demanded that mommy get him out of the bath and then I must burrito wrap him in his frog hoodie towel and let him curl up on my lap for several minutes before diaper, lotion, and pjs. I don't get many snuggles any more so these moments are precious to me. If it weren't for his eczema, the kid would be getting a bath every night just so I could have those few minutes which seem to be fading all too fast in such a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment