Friday, January 15, 2010

Trials and Tribulations of childhood

It's tough being a kid. You wake up at the crack of dawn full of energy. You bring all of your stuffed animals from your bed to mommy but she's still in a comatose state and confuses puppy with lion. *sigh* It just isn't any fun if she won't pay attention to you. So you decide jumping on her and giggling in her face is a sure-fire way to start her day with a smile except now you are learning.

Ew! Mommy I didn't want to learn the word "grimace" today. Can't we just stick with "smile"?

Mommy finally stumbles out of bed. She's not very graceful. She keeps forgetting she is supposed to kick the covers off before getting out of bed. You try to teach her a lesson but she isn't listening. She always make you take the paci out of your mouth in the morning so she can understand you. She doesn't have a paci. How come you still can't understand her? Hmmm.... maybe she needs one.

Yippee! A smile! Ok now we can play. Wait right there and I'll go get my books so you can read to me mommy.

You come back to find her in the shower.

What do you mean you can't read to me while you are in the shower? Oh fine. I'll go entertain myself for awhile.

Rearranging your Q-tips and tampons aren't for playing? Since when?

Man, she is grumpy without her coffee. *pout*

What's this? This looks like fun. I think you wear it. Let me try it on. Wow - many ways to wear this. I've never seen anything that can be a necklace, a hat, shoes.....

So my new favorite toy in the morning?

Mommy's bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment