Thursday, December 31, 2009

Towel Anyone?

What does how you end the year say about what the new year will bring?

I started my morning with the onset of a migraine. A few hours extra sleep solved that. I was woken by a mostly naked baby wanting a hug. Good second start to the day I thought and then it went downhill. It is barely past 3:30 and I've lost count how many Time Outs we've had today. The first was when Little Man decided to throw his boots at me rather than hand them to me.

I've been told "No" and "Stop It!" so many times I am beginning to think they are the only words left in the English language.

I've been bitten hard enough to leave an ugly mark.

I've had blocks thrown at me. And not the soft ones.

I've been smacked.

I've been ignored and defied all day.

I've watched my sweet little boy turn into Damien.

And I've tried really hard not to return him whence he came.

I'm trying really hard not to call my husband and demand he come home this instance. He is out with the boys for a few hours and it is very hard for me to wait until he returns before striking up a conversation with Brother Jack.

If ever there was a day I felt like a complete and utter failure as a parent, like an idiot for doing this, today is that day. So where is my mulligan?

No comments:

Post a Comment