Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Lesson in Karma

Tis the season which means on top of the regular day-to-day schedule one must keep up with it is time to add to the mix shopping for presents and Holiday parties. Oh yippee.

Some parties are kid friendly so the whole family goes. Those parties which are not, well we have to decide who goes and who stays with Little Man. This usually comes down to a rousing round of Rocks, Paper, Scissors. Yes in our family life altering decisions are arrived at after a round or two of Rocks, Papers, Scissors. Considering I rule at Rocks, Papers, Scissors I am not looking to alter this arrangement.

Saturday involved 3 parties. One kid friendly, one not exactly kid friendly but we made it kid friendly for a short period, and one that was anything BUT kid friendly. Thanks to my amazing skills at RPS, we went to the first party as a family, the second we went as a family but husband and kid were only there to drop mama off, make an appearance and then SEE YA! Mama is off the clock!

I hang out at the second party for a bit and then move onto the 3rd which was a Birthday Party. A friend was celebrating the big 50 and it was at a bar. Actually if you knew our friends, that explanation wouldn't have been needed as to why it wasn't kid friendly. This friend is technically my husband's friend. I met him through my husband. Logic would dictate that my husband would go to this party but I cheated. So I got to go and he got to hang at home with the munchkin.

I didn't role in until 3:30 AM. It was wonderful. A night out with friends I haven't seen in ages. I loved it.

But since I cheated, Karma did pay me a visit. My darling husband did not remember everything when he left so I had to make sure I grabbed everything when I left party number 2 and headed to the bar for party #3.

I walked into a bar on a Saturday night carrying a diaper bag.

Thankfully I am not the pink frilly obviously a diaper bag type of a woman but in my mind it was still screaming DIAPER BAG when I walked into the bar and when I took the metro home at 2 AM. Humbled I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment