Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jameson and Common Sense

Little Man was more interested in playing with his dinner than eating. Considering he has Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease, it really wasn't a surprise but damn it, I purposely made plain macaroni for the kid. The least you could do is take one bite!

He is getting more and more rambunctious with his play. I try to calm him down and get him to take one bite for me. He accidentally knocks macaroni on his chair. Instead of picking up the pieces and putting them on the table, he sweeps them onto the floor.

Oh hell no kid.

Now every parent I know that uses time outs as a disciplining tactic has told me that just the threat of a timeout works with their kids. They all told me to hang strong and in no time he would respect the time out.

Could you please define "in no time" for me? We've been doing time outs for quite some time now, and I define quite some time as several months. So when Little Man swept the macaroni onto the floor, I took a deep breath, got his attention and asked if he wanted a time out.

Lil Imp says yes, holds his hands out for me to help him out of his chair, walks over to the time out chair, sits his but down and stays there for the 2 minutes.

For the record, when your son starts calling your bluff before he is two, there are no words to describe how incredibly beyond screwed you are. Put it this way, the Super Nanny would laugh her ass of while watching your tape and then tape a reply back to you "Thanks but no thanks. I don't take on the impossible. Not good for ratings. I suggest buying stock in Jameson and I don't mean the stock sold on Wall Street".

Now to digress for a second. I had to google Hand, Foot, and Mouth. I knew it to be real (more than most people. Almost everyone I've told has laughed at me thinking I made it up) but I didn't know much about it. The name came about because it causes sores on the hand, feet, and in the mouth. Well damn, the medical field finally did away with all that Latin shit and went down the Road of Common Sense.

Oh and how they traveled the Road of Common Sense. You see, the sores can also be found on the buttocks but they conveniently left that out of the name so technically it should be Hand, Foot, Mouth and Ass disease. Guess which one I am going with...

2 comments:

  1. I have very stubborn children and until they were about 3 I had to hold them down for Time outs. With Sean I will hold him in my lap and tell him it is a time out. He know's because he cries. I feel so guilty. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I hope the little man feels better soon. HF & M is rough.

    ReplyDelete