Thursday, December 3, 2009

Time Out

The last several nights' pre-bedtime routine has been interesting to say the least. Little Man is required to clean up his toys before heading upstairs. He's been a tad defiant which has resulted in a time out. He sits in his chair facing the wall crying while I ignore the "maaaamaaaa" cries for the duration.

Tonight seemed to be headed in the same direction. I told Little Man to clean up. He ignored me and chose to hide behind the couch. He cleaned up one thing and went back to ignoring me. I counted to 5 and then asked if he wanted a time out.

Little Man not only said yes but he got up, walked into the dining room and put himself in the chair!

Excuse me? It took everything in me not to bust out but instead, I told him no playing and to sit (he was playing with the cabinet handle) which he did. Little imp sat in the chair and folded his hands.

Again - Excuse me? Seriously?

So after 2 seconds I asked if he was ready to clean up. With a "dup" he jumps up and runs, yes he ran to clean up.

As I walked by the kitchen, I ducked in and whispered to my husband:

"Honey, we have one weeeird kid".

No comments:

Post a Comment