Sunday, May 16, 2010

Unexpected #2

John and I were sitting outside enjoying some wine but the chill in the air became a little much since we were in short sleeves so we moved in doors. Good idea since I forgot to bring the monitor out. No sooner do we walk in then I hear Little Man crying. My heart breaks as I think he's been wailing for Goddess knows how long. I race upstairs but can tell from the lack of hysteria, red face and sweaty hair that he had just started when we walked in.

I calm him, lay him back down and stay with him as he is still restless, grabbing desparately at my arm any time I move one muscle, fearful that I am leaving him. I don't have a clue what is going on - bad dream, another tooth, painful eyes (he's had goopy eyes the last few days any time he wakes up) - I don't know.

He starts crying again, a little on the hard side and he sits up. I wrap my arms around him and ask him what's wrong. He shifts, looks around and asks for....

....Daddy.

You want Daddy?

Uh huh. Daddy.

Ok baby. Hold on. I'll go get Daddy.

Thankfully Daddy was at the bottom of the stairs.

How Bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment