Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Results

Excuse me while I dive head first into the world of cliches. I'm results driven. Immediate results are preferable. The faster technology becomes, the faster I want it; expect it. Forget give it to me by COB. Forget ASAP. I want it all and I want it YESTERDAY. In a nut shell, I have the perfect personality to raise a child.

Whining, especially when done in an attempt to get one's way drive me freaking NUTS. It's Little Man's consistent modus operandi of late. Sweet Mother I hate it. I'd move to Florida if it meant never dealing with whining ever again. Nothing against Florida but flat and heat are not my idea of an ideal place to live.

Born out of frustration, I sent him to his room one night until he calmed down. He calmed himself. I calmed myself. It was a win-win (shit - still stuck in cliche hell. Sorry). So any time the meltdown started, I marched him to his room.

Yesterday it finally dawned on me. I haven't marched him to his room in awhile now. A few weeks into this and Hot Damn we have results. He starts to whine. I remind him that I don't tolerate whining. He doesn't stop so I ask if he needs to go to his room. Each time he has calmed himself faster. This morning it took less than 60 seconds.

So that's what everyone means about staying consistent. Maybe I'm figuring this out after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment