Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sah'ree

I tweaked a muscle around my shoulder blade this morning which did not aid in rough housing and general mayhem Little Man and I partake in each day. It wouldn't have been so bad except his father had to be in work at an unholy hour yet again so I had Little Man this morning.

He crawled into bed with us shortly after 4 AM but he stayed asleep long enough for me to take a shower and almost get completely ready - almost. And silly me, I tweak the muscle before I get him ready. Try explaining to a two year old that wrestling while getting dressed is not going to happen because mommy's back hurts. I'd rather talk a pissed off elephant out of charging me.

Wrestling ensues as do a few yelps and tears (all mine). Little Man laughs gleefully not understanding why mommy's face is so contorted but hey - that's even funnier. It isn't until we are walking downstairs (which he insisted on being carried down mind you and twit here didn't fight it. Hello Sucker) that it finally clicks with the kid that my back hurts so he decides to empathize and claim that his back hurts.

Um no honey - mommy's back hurts.

OH! I sah'ree. Sah'ree. I sah'ree. Sah'ree mommy.

Thanks baby but you didn't cause it. It isn't your fault. Mommy will be fine.

Sah'ree mommy.

Bed time rolls around and he suddenly remembers that mommy's back hurts. It could be all the wincing and moaning I've done all night as he tackled me over and over again had finally sunk in with the kid. Take him upstairs for his bath and he starts in on how his hurts again. This time complete with him holding onto his lower back as he limps into his room. Dad called it beautifully:

What are you pregnant?

No way the kid could have understood but damn it if he didn't stop cold.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you'd be surprised what they understand ;) Hehee. Sorry you tweaked your shoulder, makes for a long night when you've got the munchkin all to yourself.

    ReplyDelete