Friday, August 28, 2009

Puddle jumping

I've been waiting for the moment when I could teach my son to jump in puddles. The sheer, uninhibited joy of splashing around in a muddy mess can only be properly enjoyed with a child. Unless you want your neighbors to think you have completely lost you mind.

I finally got my chance. Mind you, the kid can't really jump yet. The knees bend, he attempts to launch with little arms flailing in the air but he never actually catches air. So for now, basketball is still out for this kid.

He did splash around and once I taught him how to stamp one foot at a time he had a blast dousing both of us with muddy water.

I relished in his and my extreme joy, had a few flashbacks to my own childhood which caused me to splash just a little harder in order to change his giggles to all-out shrieks of delight and then was brought back to reality.

My son was leaning over splashing the water with his hands and then scooping it up to drink it!

He drinks his bath water soap and all so why wouldn't he go after muddy, germ-infested rain puddles? How long before he goes after a worm?

No comments:

Post a Comment