Monday, August 24, 2009

Moving' up on the short bus

Little Man will look at me, shake his finger and say some thing undecipherable. Body language and tone suggest he's telling me to wait where I am while he goes does/gets something. Normally it is done quite sweetly and is kind of cute.

Tonight, during our evening walk, he decided to take a detour through someone else's yard. I explained he could not without an invitation from that person. I explained this 3 times, 3 different yards.

At the last one, he turned and did his little point. Except this time he was not sweet. This time he gave me a dirty look and his tone was anything but nice and quite clearly he yelled "DOP!" at me. Short bus mama finally figured out another word. My son told ME to stop. And not in a nice way. I do not like this new word or the accompanying attitude.

He was promptly and very unceremoniously tucked under arm ,toted away and told he would not speak to mama that way. He was very well behaved the rest of the night but it is too early to put a win in my column yet.

Besides, if it isn't "DOP" it will be something else, won't it?

Do I even want to think how many words there are in the English language that he will be able to use against me?

No comments:

Post a Comment