Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Browns Style

3 AM: Little Man wakes up. Dad brings him into bed with us.

5 AM: Little Man is still awake. I am done and being the loving wife I am, I force my dear sweet husband to take Little Man back to his room to see if he will go back to sleep in his crib.

6:45 AM: Dad gives up and takes Little Man downstairs for breakfast. I am blissfully asleep.

8:45 AM: I wake up and hear Little Man enjoying some playtime downstairs. I can tell from his conversation that dad is at least half asleep on him. I head down and sure enough, my poor husband is on the couch not even trying to stay awake and Little Man is playing around him, on him, over him. I send my poor husband up to bed.

9:00 AM: I shoot a double shot of espresso, throw on some clothes, toss half the cranberry muffins I made for the first time from scratch the night before on a plate. I grab Little Man, still in his pajamas and head to our neighbors.

The original plan was for us to go to our neighbors so the boys could watch the parade until nap time. Go our separate ways and join up again after nap time for dinner. Considering he had been up for 6 hours at this point, I did not expect to actually stay at the neighbors. We would drop the muffins, come back to the house and someone would go down early for his nap.

HUH! Guess again mama. The two boys played beautifully together until almost 11:30. No fighting, no sharing issues, no whining. It was great.

11:30 AM: Little Man goes for his nap. Daddy is still asleep. I chill.

1:20 PM: Little Man doesn't even nap for a few 2 hours. I expected at least 3. A rough wake up. He only wants mommy but bribe him with some food and football with daddy and I am back in the kitchen making squash souffle. Then a shower. Back in the kitchen making baked mushrooms.

2:30 PM: We are all watching football as I wait for the oven timer to go off. We've got Little Man rooting for the Lions. A personal foul negates a great run that may have been challenged any way. "Aw Man" complete with a hand smack on the cushion. Followed by something that could very easily have been the "F" bomb. The first part had us giggling. The 2nd part had me checking my vocabulary yet again. Yes. If he really did say it, it would be my fault. *sigh*

3:00 PM: We prepare to head back to the neighbors. Little Man chases me down the hallway and up the stairs. I forgot how fast he has become. As I head up the stairs, I don't realize he is literally right there behind me. As I lift my foot to hit the next stair, my heel smacks right into the poor kid's mouth.

Happy Thanksgiving kid. Here, let me kick you in the mouth. I felt horrible. I think I apologized for a good 20 minutes straight, to the point where the kid was consoling me.

Dinner was great. Little Man chose not to eat so his payback to the foot in the mouth earlier took me completely by surprise. The nastiest, smelliest, ghastliest diaper ever. All for me. Happy Thanksgiving mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment