Monday, June 8, 2009

Pony?

A friend’s daughter has a pony courtesy of me. Another friend’s daughter is about to. You see, I told these girls if they did something specific, I would buy them a pony. And you thought toddlers didn’t listen. For someone who loathed my Little Pony when it appeared on the market, I am finding lots of use for them now.

My son now has a pony. The only problem is “my” and “little” do not appear in front of his pony. Actually, I am not even really sure it is a pony. I think it qualifies as a horse. I am contemplating putting a saddle on it. Maybe attach some rollerskates and my son can ride it.

I thought one of my girlfriends was paying me back. There is a small group of women out there who hold that right and don’t think for a second I would put anything past them. That’s why I love ‘em. They can take it and damn can they dish it. Luckily for them, they are all innocent. This time.

Turns out my husband started this one and my ILs finished it. Never underestimate a grandparent. The conversation went something like this:

Husband: “You know your grandfather loves you a lot. He would do anything for you. He’d even buy you a pony. Would you like a pony?”

Little Man: Nod nod nod!

Husband cracks up laughing and calls his parents. He proceeds to tell his father that Little Man would like a pony. Thankfully, we have speakerphone so they heard me when I said the pony was to stay at their house.

Apparently there is a little clause I was unfamiliar with. It is the Grandparent Prerogative Clause as in it is their prerogative to ignore my plea.

So Little Man is now the proud owner of a horse larger than he is and one that does a damn good job of making mama jump every time she catches a glimpse of it peeking around the corner. I am thinking of positioning it near the front windows and putting up a sign on the front lawn: Beware of Horse.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I'm still laughing abotu this--and praying Punk isn't the recipient of your next pony raid!

    ReplyDelete