Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Mother's Milestone

We have a babysitter. We have a baby sitter. We have a babysitter.

Yes, I am singing and dancing right now. This is a major milestone that only took me 17 months to attain. How so soon you ask? My sweet, wonderful, loving husband bribed me. With Red Sox tickets. He's a Yankees fan so the man is either:

a. desparate for a date night
b. truly, madly, deeply in love with me
c. all of the above.

I'm going to go with the #1 Test Taking strategy and choose C.

This wonderful young lady came by the house tonight to hang with the little guy so he'd have a chance to get comfortable with her and I would have a chance to get some cleaning done. He interacted with her from the get-go. Granted the first 10-15 minutes he played with her while sitting in my lap but he was playing with her.

Thankfully his stomach got the best of him soon after so I was able to set the bribe into motion. Feed this kid and he loves you forever. After dinner he played with her and didn't bat an eye when I walked upstairs. Never walked to the stairs calling "BAH. BAH. BAH". Yes, I am now BAH. If someone can figure that one out, please clue me in.

Any how, it went great. The kid didn't miss me. He may actually let me walk out of the house without too much of a meltdown come game night. I am a proponent of the whole don't sneak out on your kid thing. So um, does waiting until he's eating and waving good-bye to the back of his head count?? I like this girl. I want her to continue to babysit for us. There's a new Transformers moving coming out soon. I won't tell you what the last movie I saw in the theater was. It depresses me when I think about it.

So I won't. I have a babysitter. I have a babysitter. I have a babysitter.

I'm so happy I could kiss a Republican...

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! You're one up on me--my kids have never stayed with anyone NOT fmaily--so I'm proud of you, even if it is for a sporting even--*shudder*

    ReplyDelete