Saturday, June 20, 2009

Making a meal out of

My son is pretty well-behaved. Once we left a restaurant prior to dinner being served because he didn't want to behave. I have rushed to leave a couple of times because I wasn't eating fast enough for him but in general, we don't have a problem. He is always very sweet in public if not overly coy on occasion.

We were in the shoe store yesterday. The clerk screwed up my purchase and then couldn't figure out how to correct it (you need to credit my charge card buddy). Thankfully my mom was with so she took care of that part while I made sure Little Man remained sweet and happy. His attention span was waning. I wasn't sure he was going to make it through the credit v. debit explanation. Another clerk stepped in and helped entertain him. Crisis averted.

Mom gets everything straightened out on my charge card. I go to sign when I feel something pinching my arm. I yelped and looked at my son. He is wearing a look of complete shock and utter innocence. Any mom worth her salt would have immediately been on alert. I can be a tad slow. I thought he accidentally pinched me and it was time to cut his nails again until I looked at my arm. Those weren't nail marks. Those were TEETH marks. He BIT me. My son BIT me.

Lets go back to the whole any mom worth her salt for a second. Approximately two weeks ago this kid kept trying to gnaw my knee. Gnaw. Not bite. I told him no then repeated myself once. It stopped. Yet here I am two weeks later in utter shock the my son actually bit me.

I am now feeling like I am the main course at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. My knee is too bony. Bicep - apparently too much muscle (hey he isn't even two yet so forgive him for not recognizing true muscle yet OK?) because today he moved on to my thigh. He gnawed it twice. I guess he wanted to make sure it was just right before moving in for the kill. You could have just asked kiddo. Now if you are sure that's what you want I'll go prepare it for you.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO! Yup, you have the beginning sof a biter--want mine to come show him how to truly gnaw on someone? Like an old lady with a chicken bone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Cheyenne bit my toe yesterday... that completely took me by surprise!

    ReplyDelete