Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Little Things in Life

It was a good day today. It was productive. Little Man decided to wake us up early which meant I got to work early. That in turn resulted in my getting out early.

I had a slight problem remembering it was Tuesday. I thought it was Wednesday. All day. (One good night's sleep does not erase all side effects of sleep deprivation. Thursday will be a bit of a shock when I finally realize it isn't Friday).

Thanks to an opposite commute (I know, shocking I can say that for the DC Metro area) the ride home was pleasant. Could you ask for anything more?

Arrive at daycare. Little Man is outside playing. He sees me. Stands up in the little car and yells "MA"!

He doesn't talk. Let me correct that. He has very long conversations with us. He even has the pitch down pat. For all I know, he is having a conversation that would impress Steven Hawking but damn if I can understand a word of it. I have trouble deciphering a 2 year old. You want me to decipher a 16 month old? Makes me wonder if this is how people feel about talking with me after I've spent too much time in Boston.

But that one syllable came out loud and clear and hey - he even pointed at me. He called me MA. I would do cartwheels but I am not sure I could handle the hospital bills right now. Made my week.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't they adorable when they blether away to themselves and get inflections down and you know they're have serious conversations that we just aren't privy too. Kids are fascinating.

    Good luck with your new blog, make the habit.

    ReplyDelete