Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Ultimate Wish List

I love this time of year. I love introducing Little Man to, OK screw it - might as well be honest. I love imposing my favorite traditions from Christmases past onto my child and brainwashing him into thinking they are the coolest thing ever. Last year I convinced him that stain glass ornaments were the hippest thing ever and that his grandparents would love nothing more in the world than a stain glassed ornament made by their most precious grandchild. This year I completely forgot to introduce him to the joy of making color paper chains from construction paper so mental note for next year.

Thankfully John has a better memory than I do. He introduced Little Man to the wonderful world of letter writing today. Little Man completed his first letter to Santa. I have it on good authority that yes, Santa is fluent in pre-schooler scribble. John also helped in address the envelope and after dinner tonight we headed to Macy's to take advantage of their Big Ole Red Mailbox with a direct line to the Big Guy in the Red Suit.

On route to Macy's I quizzed my darling son on his wish list. Having half of my genetics, occasionally he can be quite succinct:

"Trains, paper towels, toys, and presents".

Guess which one has been added to the pile to be wrapped Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment