Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011 Part 2

Clean. Dry. In desperate need of some caffeine. Wait a second.... Someone is a tad too calm. Someone should be bouncing off the walls right about now. Hmmm...

Hey, Little Man - what day is it?

"Huh?"

Do you remember what today is?

"Um, I dunno."

WHAT? Seriously? What did you do, force your mother's genes into hibernation?

OK. Let's try this again. Do you remember if someone was supposed to come to the house last night?

Blank stare. This morning is not going as planned. Who'da thunk I'd need a mulligan on freaking Christmas morning. John mentions something about roofs and reindeer.

"SANTA!"

Finally! Sheesh. Now that you are finally bouncing off the walls I can get in a little torture and make you wait for your parents before going downstairs. Well - maybe just a little torture. I'm kind of excited to head down there as well.

Sweet child that he is, he decides we must all hold hands going down the stairs. This proves a bit awkward as the stairs are barely wide enough for two side-by-side but it helps us keep Little Man from taking the stairs in a single bound. So different from last year. Also different from last year was how fast he ripped through all his presents and as he opened each and everyone he would exclaim quite emphatically:

"[insert present]! I NEEDED this. I so needed this".

Even the paper towels received an over-the-top show of excitement and an emphatic declaration of extreme need.

HAH! You thought I was joking when I said I was wrapping paper towels for him? Never, ever underestimate a redhead. Just ask my darling husband. Well - that wasn't really underestimating me so much as just plain old insanity taking the Skins over the Pats but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment