Thursday, August 4, 2011

Go Away

"Rock n Roll Baby!"

Apparently this boy loves his apples. He also loved the chicken John made for dinner tonight (lemon sage). It was delicious but Little Mane entered Picky Eater stage quite awhile ago and shows no sign of exiting anytime before he matriculates.  The tantrum started before dinner was even served. I headed that one off with a good dose of belly raspberries. The second tantrum started as we sat down for dinner. Before he could truly start I told him he needed to sit at the table and try the chicken. There would be no yogurt, no grapes, no apples, no cereal bar at bed time. He would get nothing and like it.

"Nothing? No yogurt?"

Nothing. No yogurt. You will go to bed hungry.

So he proceeded to the table and it didn't take long before he was serving himself a rather large piece of chicken and managed to put a good dent in it. Literally. He ate with a spoon and refused to cut it with a knife. Dent.

He ate enough to earn some yogurt and grapes and then announced he was all done.

OK, so what do you do?

The expected answer is I'll clear my dishes. Instead I got:

"Go away?" with the most impish grin known to man kind.

Marvin K Mooney he is not but I still cleared his plate as I was laughing to hard to argue.

No comments:

Post a Comment