Sunday, August 21, 2011

Coffee in Bed

"Mommy wake up! The sun is up! Its time to go to the Farmer's Market. We have to see the train!"

Hmmmm.... why don't you and daddy go make me some coffee so I can have coffee in bed. Then we'll go to the farmer's market

"No mommy. You have to get your own coffee. You are the only one asking for it."

Fine. Then you get your own cereal bar 'cause you're the only one asking for it

(You expect maturity out of me at 8 AM on a Sunday? What's in your coffee?)

"No Mommy. I can't reach the cereal bars by myself . Daddy will lift me up because I will ask him."

OK then. Can I please have my coffee in bed?

"I said no Mommy. You are the only one asking for it so you get it yourself."

How is it that a 3-year-old can be so good at throwing my own words back at me all the while understanding that it is in his best interest to ignore the I'm the Parent You Will Do As I Say With No Questions Asked piece? I think I preferred the blind obedience stage. Oh wait, that stage occurred only in my head... I'm going back to that Universe now. Aw look at the pretty purple sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment