Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to me...

Attempting to get Little Man in the house last night was not going well. The neighbor’s cat was much more interesting than anything with which I attempted to bribe him. Until he noticed the box I was picking up off the porch. The same box which had been right in front of him since we first walked up the stairs but apparently didn’t register during the excitement of (torturing) playing with the cat. The box now firmly registered in his brain, Little Man proceeds to run into the house, scramble up on the couch, pat the location on the couch where he expects me to place the box (right in front of him) and bounces up and down clapping hands and giggling in excitement. He even grabs my car key and attempts to slice open the tape.

The box is addressed to me.

It was my birthday present.

I did not get the joy of opening my own present. Nope. My son had that joy. I got to watch. And now I have the wonderful job of trying to explain to him that the contents are not his. They are MINE. Well, he decided I could have the pjs. They are too big and not quite as soft as he likes. Why thank you light of my life. I feel so honored.

The lavender candle we fought over. Unfortunately for my little midget, he forgets that mama goes to bed after him. HA! Stole it back little boy and guess what – you ain’t gonna find where I hid it!

No comments:

Post a Comment