Sunday, December 19, 2010

Buying Christmas

Little Man woke me this morning by pulling the blankets off me. Then he grabbed my arm and tried pulling me out of bed.

"Time to get up Mommy".

Go talk to your father.

"No! I no talk to Daddy! Daddy not feeling well. Daddy ex-hoss-ed. He need sleep!"

That is almost verbatim what John has been telling Little Man about me the past few days. Apparently I've had enough of a reprieve and it was John's turn. Since when does he conspire with his father against me?

I look at the clock. 8:58 AM. This kid let us sleep in? How is it possible that the Universe is smiling at me this morning? I spent last night laughing at my poor husband who is losing his voice. I fully expected Karma to aim her sites at my big ole booty and launch me into the stratosphere. I still have my voice albeit scratchy and hoarser than usual and I get to sleep in until 9? Just what exactly does she have planned for me?

I somehow manage to get Little Man back on my side and he gives John the same wake-up treatment of removing all covers. I ask him if he has bought Daddy a Christmas present.

"Oh no. I have to go to the store to buy Christmas". So much for the 50 million viewings of the Grinch sinking in.  The poor kid. He doesn't grasp the concept of Christmas as an adjective. We have to turn the Christmas on (plug in the tree). He grasps birthday present but for some reason Christmas present is beyond him We have to go to the store to buy Christmas. Or maybe he just doesn't fully grasp it when talking about his father.

Have you bought Mommy a Christmas present yet?

"Oh yes Mommy. I get you a car!"

That is the exact attitude to have at Christmas child. Keep it up and I'll you'll do ok. By the time you have the money to swap out the matchbox you are about to give me for the real thing, I'll be ready to trade in my SUV for a corvette..... black..... convertible....

No comments:

Post a Comment