Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Whywhatisit?

I was dreading the "Why" phase until he entered the "What's that?" phase. As I answered that question for the 50th time in one day I wondered if "Why" would be worse or a welcome relief. I honestly didn't think anything could be worse but oh did he prove me wrong. Now I get to deal with the "What's that?" phase AND the "Why" phase. Yes both at once.

"What's that mommy?"

Could you at least point in the general direction of something?

"Why mommy?"

So I can figure out what you are talking about.

"But what is it?"

I don't know what it is.

"Why?"

Look honey a shiny object?

"Really mommy? Where? Oh wow mommy. What is it? Why mommy? Whywhatisit?"

He's also quickly mastering the art of procrastination. We both get many hugs and kisses before he'll crawl into bed each night and then another 10 for good measure once he's in bed. Tonight mommy was having none of it. Well, OK, I would only accept 99% before I told him to lay down, close his eyes and go to sleep.

As I sat in the glider in his room losing yet another game of Mahjong on my phone, he played with the zipper on his PJs. I told him to stop, close his eyes and go to sleep. I moved onto my 20th attempt at the damn bug layout my frustration level climbing when he rescued me by climbing out of bed to ask me a question.

He never got the chance to ask his question as I looked up and notice his PJs were off and he was standing in front of me in just a pull up.

"I pee mommy".

Did you pee or do you have to pee?

"Yes mommy"

Strip off the pull up, get him on the toilet and let him do his business.

Done?

"Nope. I poop mommy."

Well hurry up. You think I am have all night to sit here with you?

"Yes mommy. You sit all night"

He lasted in bed less than an hour when I could hear him calling to me. Of course I sent John up instead. Little man is standing at the top of the stairs, pull up off and dangling over the gate.

"Daddy I wet. I pee through Daddy."

Pull up bone dry. Sheet bone dry. Blanket bone dry.

Procrastination #2 complete.

Third time isn't always the charm Baby Boy.

Ah which reminds me of something. Yes, I still call him Baby Boy occasionally as does John. We'll be unpacking his stuff in his dorm room freshman year and I'll still be calling him Baby Boy. Poor kid. He and John were in the dining room the other night. It was time to go upstairs for bed so I called to Little Man. I heard him say to John "Come on Baby Boy. Time to go upstairs".

Did he just call me Baby Boy?

Yup. Get used to it baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment