Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sleepy Time, Bananas and Oranges

We tried a new tactic last night. We told Little Man that he could not come into our room our room until he heard our alarms. "No mommy. The alarm is off." Oh trust me child. It will be.

At least now when he crawls into bed with us, he goes back to sleep. He used to treat our bed as play time. Of course he climbed into bed with us. No PJs but he did have a pull up. One good thing. It takes him no time at all to completely take over my side of the bed. I had a the start of a foot cramp. No sooner do I stand up to break it then he spreads out leaving me the foot of the bed. We tried moving him but he woke right up and I wasn't in the mood for a cry fest so I put him back in bed making room for myself.

Yeah. Right. That worked. For all of 2 seconds.

So I'm now lying with my head at the foot of the bed and using my legs to provide a barrier so he doesn't roll off. John and I are discussing our options in a whisper. Little Man pops up, taps my leg and says "No Talking Mommy! Sleepy time!" and promptly goes back to sleep.

Oh so it is sleepy time when you want it to be. I see how you think it is. Think kiddo. Think. Reality is a whole other ballgame.

Tonight's procrastination involved his eyes. I asked him what was wrong.

"They are black... They are black... They are black and white!"

Kiss kiss and back to bed child.

Then his ears were bothering him. I take a look and they are covered in dirt and dried wax. I take him into my bathroom for a little warm water and a washing.

"Knock knock mommy".

Who's there?

"Banana".

Banana who?

Eyes drift back and forth.

"Orange?"

I laughed. He's pleased with himself. Can't wait to teach him about searching for blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment