Tuesday, November 9, 2010

All I'm Missing is the Mini Van

Picked up Little Man and came straight home. They were supposed to be paving the street so I parked the next street over. Gathered up all the crap. Grabbed Little Man and trudged home. Of course he decides he legs don't work so I'm carrying a laptop, purse, puppy, papers and him. Get to the house and discover a note from the HOA that the work was finish early so there was no need to move the car by 7 AM (hence parking elsewhere. I can't guarantee I can get out that early any more and I didn't want my car towed). Dump everything in the house. Grab Little Man and trudge back to the car.

15 minutes later we are back in the house. I get dinner started while 2 of the neighborhood girls entertain Little Man. They take off as John comes home (no it wasn't personal, really). We eat dinner. Little Man is non-stop on the food at dinner still. He's grown an inch in less than 2 months already and he's still eating me out of house and home. If he keeps this up, the wardrobe I just bought him will be done for.

John continues to feed him as I get our lunches for tomorrow ready. John and Little Man empty the dishwasher. I help load it up again and then its upstairs to get Little Man ready for bed. It is then I realize I was supposed to stop on the way home tonight and pick up more pull ups for daycare. We get Little Man settled in bed. John stays with and I make the mad dash to the store. Of course I drive the wrong way. 3 packages of pull ups and one bottle of ibuprofen later and I'm on my way home.

I managed to get all of this down in a little over 2 hours. If I can keep this up, I just may survive this whole parent thing. Of course, I don't have to worry about homework, after school sports, special projects, bake sales, school concerts, science fairs, art fairs. Sweet Mother how did my mom pull it off? I have one kid. She had three.

I've been home for an hour and I'm ready to crash but first I have to help John pick out a suit and tie for an interview tomorrow. Is it Friday yet?

I almost forgot. I lined up a "G" and an "O" on the fridge yesterday and asked Little Man what that spelled. Thanks to Go Dog Go, he's learning to spell small words. His answer?

OSTRICH!

No comments:

Post a Comment