Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mini Me

"Stay there Mommy."

"No lie down."

"LIE DOWN."

Excuse me?

"peas?"

"No stay there. Don't move Mommy."

He walks away and returns a few seconds later.

"OK Mommy. Get up. Come with me mommy."

He takes me by the hand and leads me to the living room.

"Good job Mommy. You did good. You get TWO stickers mommy. Thomas and Percy. Good job"

And proceeds to place two imaginary stickers on my shirt.

Fransisco took great joy in pointing out that he sounded exactly like me.

**********************************************************************************

Bedtime and I tell Little Man it is time to head upstairs. I head to the stairs and he runs to get in front of me.

"No Mommy. You stay here. Right here. Don't move."

Then he runs behind me to John with his hand up.

"And you stay right here. Don't move."

He spends several minutes running between the two of us telling each not to move and that we must stay right there.

"You no go upstairs. You stay right here."

Well I have to go put the trash and recycling out.

"OK Daddy. You can come upstairs. Mommy you no come. You stay right there. Don't move. Understand?"

My body is starting to imitate jello. Watch it wiggle. See it jiggle....

Little Man hands John his cup and plate to carry upstairs for him. He turns one last time and wiggles his finger at me.

"You stay right there. Don't move Mommy. You no come upstairs."

Little Man scrambles up after Daddy and I hear him tell his father that mommy isn't coming. She's staying downstairs. John states he would like Mommy to come upstairs to which Little Man replies: "No. She has to stay downstairs."

I walk to the bottom of the stairs and ask Little Man if I can come upstairs.

"NO Mommy. YOU stay downstairs."

OK buddy. Guess you don't want mommy to stay with you when you go to bed. Guess you are going to put yourself to bed.

He reaches his hands through the gate.

"Come touch my hands Mommy."

I climb the stairs and we give each other a high five.

He proceeds to tilt his head to one side and ask: "You come in? You come upstairs with me?"

Managed to eek out another one for the win column.

No comments:

Post a Comment