Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Revolving

Getting my son to listen some days is, well, look up Effort in Futility....

Last night was no exception. Countdowns. Time Outs. Speaking sternly. Strong words (not sure some of the stronger words used were actually mumbled). This boy had some serious pent-up energy which was coming out all wrong. I had a flash of my mom yelling at me as a child "Am I talking to myself?".

I hate those flashes. They make me cringe because I know I have to apologize to the woman yet again. Redheads don't apologize. Goddesses don't apologize. And yet somehow, this Redheaded Goddess keeps finding herself apologizing. It's getting old. Not that my son cares.

It also gave me a flash of a former co-worker who used to love revolving around me. Literally. Unfortunately her sarcasm would be lost on my son. Maybe I should call her though so she can laugh at me. She deserves it.

I do find it amusing how he can be so disobedient with me and yet, just a few hours earlier at daycare he was the epitomy of a Rules follower. He was perfectly well behaved and even went so far as to dash across the room, not once, not twice, but 3 times to yell at a little girl who was breaking the rules. Mind you the teacher was right there and had already spoken to her each time but my little Napleon felt it was up to him to speak up. To give him his credit, he was much more forceful than the teacher. Nothing like a DIT DOWN! DIT DOWN NOW! from a 35" munchkin to really impress you into following the rules.

Smart girl ignored him. He needed that. Unfortunately I also think I know who is teaching him the concept of Ignoring. How do I know its her based on one episode? Because she is oh so sweet when I am around. The perfect little angel who wants to help me out in any way she can. She smiles, she bats her eyes, she plays coy oh so well. That all translates into Guilty.

Because, of course, it would never be my son teaching her that concept. Never.

I'd continue but someone is screeching for my attention at the moment. Apparently I am not revolving fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment