Thursday, October 22, 2009

Speed Bump

I am counting tonight a success. Meltdowns were minimal. He was allowed 2 crackers while I made dinner. When denied more, there was a minor meltdown that was easily handled. The major meltdown came when we went to sit for dinner. I still don't have a clue what triggered it. I'm leaving it to hunger and sleepiness. I ignored and eventually he started eating. 1. 5 servings later he was content (and again, mama finished dinner first. This could spoil a woman). Dessert was a cheese stick.

Bath time was my second success. First he took his pacifier when I told him no. He isn't allowed to have it until after his bath. Rather than force the issue, I caved... a little. I told him he could have it until his bath (had to strip the kid down. He doesn't bathe fully clothed although I have been tempted). He surprised me by putting the pacifier back where it belonged before leaving his room for the bathroom. He even ran back to put puppy in his place.

Then he gets in the bath.

And refuses to sit down complete with eye roll.

So I counted to three. Nothing. Ok. You're done. And out he came. He stood next to the tub looking slightly dumbfounded.

"Let's go. Gotta get a diaper and pjs on you".

Huh? Who is this woman? Holy Shit! I got a POD MOM! *shrug* Oh well. Let's go Pod.

I had such a successful evening do I really want to admit to the speed bump? It won't be winning me any Super Mom awards that for sure (like I was ever a contender).

I was so proud of how well things were going at dinner time, at one point in time I forgot to reset the timer. Yup - mama kinda, sorta burned dinner. Chicken, rice, and.... CHEESE all in a pan on the stove. Burnt cheese... yummy... *shiver*

Thankfully I caught it relatively early (ok, I was running from doing Ring Around the Rosy for the millionth time) and only lost a few spoonfuls (and I'm not talking a tea spoon here) and as you can see from above - dinner was still a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment