Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oh Mr. Literal Be Careful of the Phrase

I brace myself for a rough day based on the rough night we had.

In this instance I love being proven wrong.

He had a great day even if he did have to deal with parents who were trying desperately to get things done around the house instead of dedicating 100% of their time to playing with him. As compensation, he was allowed some computer time earlier this evening. He likes the puzzle where you have to place the States on the map.

John was asking him what each State was based on the shape. He stumbled over Massachusetts which he normally gets. John decided to provide a hint:

Where does Amah live?

"In her house."

And Mr. Literal himself is schooled.

1 comment:

  1. Tonight Landon was telling me that I needed to check his bottom because he thought he had poop on his bottom. I asked him, "When did you poop?"

    He answered, "When I was on the potty." Uh, yeah, but WHEN? Turns out I had wiped him, but he said the toilet paper was wrong... I had used regular toilet paper instead of a toddler wipe and he was sure I didn't get it all.

    ReplyDelete