Friday, September 3, 2010

Tread Lightly

My darling husband is treading dangerous ground. Very dangerous ground.

Don't you have something you want to tell mommy?

"Mommy, I a pubkin."

You're a what?

"A pubkin. I a pubkin mommy."

My darling husband is almost peeing his pants he's laughing so hard and he takes extreme pleasure in translating for me.

"He's a republican".

Fast forward to tonight. I spend what felt like an eternity convincing my son who is a MAMA'S BOY mind you that not only is he a democrat but he's also a RED SOX fan. Yes, John got him started with the "GO YANKEES" crap again. The kid was growling GO YANKEES at me. I finally managed to turn things around and implement some sanity in my house.

"NO daddy. GO RED SOX".

The one time I appreciated the set of lungs he inherited from me.

Oh and speaking of crap. I also got him to turn on his father and become a democrat again.

Except it sounded like democrap...

No comments:

Post a Comment