Sunday, August 8, 2010

Looking Out

Pleases and Thank Yous are wonderful even when prompting is required.

I sorry without prompting is amazing.

Last night was a mix of wonder, awe, and gut-wrenching laughter.

Little Man was beyond exhausted but refusing to sleep in his bed. Curling up next to me on the floor was preferential. So I compromised. OK, I caved. I offered to let him sleep in our bed since that is where he ends up most nights anyway. I figured why fight the inevitable. He falls asleep there rather quickly and is still easy to move without waking.

So I put him on John's side of the bed. He decided he wanted his own pillow so John's lined the side of the bed. He has rolled out before and its high enough that it can cause equal amounts of pain and fear. I told him if he felt the pillows, to move away. I didn't want him to fall out.

"No bump head mommy". 5 Little Monkeys is the current favorite book. He falls asleep with it snuggled in his arms.

I crawl into my side of the bed, telling him I would stay with him.

"Pi-ylow mommy. Pi-ylow".

Huh?

Pi-ylow. On side. Pi-ylow. So you don't fall out. No bump head mommy".

So I laid in bed with my son until he fell asleep. 2 pillows lining his side. One pillow lining my side. Both safe and sound.

Thanks for looking out kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment