Monday, April 5, 2010

Wimp

When you come home from work as late as I did, you expect your child to be blissfully sleeping in bed. I snuck in as quietly as possible so as not to wake him. Wasted effort. Kid was standing at the top of the stairs waiting for me (he really needs to learn that he sucks loud enough on that paci to drown out a fog horn). He had been standing at the window watching me get everything out of the car.

I should have known better. When I called the house a little after 8, I could hear him chatting in the background. He should have been fast asleep. Instead he was hanging out in our room entertaining himself. When I asked why he wasn't asleep in bed he replied that daddy's bed was his bed.

So I somehow convince him to let me go back downstairs and get some dinner WITHOUT his company. I've never eaten dinner so slowly in my life. I'm praying hard to the Universe right now. In order for me to get a decent night sleep tonight, he needs to be asleep when I go upstairs. If he isn't - I'm stuck. Stuck sleeping in my own bed with a WWE weeble wobble. So I'm praying he'll be asleep so I can sneak in, grab my pjs and if I'm really lucky, my pillow then be able to sneak back out to the guest bedroom.

Does John get this luxury? Hell no. Why? Dunno. Got no good reason for it right now except I got home last and he's the one that put him to bed. The early bird may get the worm but the late bird gets the empty nest!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to point out. I'm a personal punching bag every am when pup comes in to cuddle up. I can't count the number of elbows to the throat I've received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't gotten an elbow to the throat yet. A head yes but not an elbow. Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to wrap my arm around as to pin HIS arm.

    ReplyDelete