Sunday, June 10, 2012

Allergies

"Mommy, I have to tell you something and it's a little scary."

OK, what's so scary?

"Well, I'm a little scared of my room. It's telling me that it is a little creepy and too dark in there."

OK, well how about I turn on the lamp for you and then it won't be so creepy and dark. There. See, not so dark  and creepy now. You are fine. Go back to bed.

"Well you see Mommy. I'm allergic."

You're allergic? Allergic to what?

"Um, well, the dark. I'm allergic to the dark."

You're allergic to the dark?

"Yes, I'm allergic to the dark. My doctor told me so. I'm allergic to three things. I'm allergic to sleeping alone. I'm allergic to the dark. I'm allergic to the bright."

You are allergic to the dark and to the bright?

"Um, well... yes. I'm allergic to sleeping alone and to the dark. But if I sleep with someone else, I'm not allergic to the dark. I'm only allergic to the bright when I sleep with someone else. See, my doctor told me I am allergic to these three things and you know when I am allergic to these three things?"

No dear. Please enlighten me.

"When I turn 4. My doctor told me."

So if you sleep by yourself, it has to be bright otherwise if it is dark, you need to sleep with someone or you will be allergic?

"Yes Mommy. My doctor told me so."

Good thing your lamp is on. Have a goodnight sweetie.

"But... wait. I need to think about this. Let me scratch my head."

No problem child. You let me know when you've figured that one out. In the mean time, have a good night. I love you and I will see you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment