Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Leak and An Excellent Idea

I finally cleaned out the inside of my car this weekend. I also decided it was time to check the windshield wiper fluid. In the process I noticed the engine coolant was low and that shouldn't be I'd notice the signs of a potential leak but chose to ignore it until it slammed me in the face. Mainly because the car has been in the shop 3 times this summer and I can't afford a 4th. Well the low coolant along with the horrible high-pitched whine the car makes every time I turn it on with the A/C on made me think I shouldn't push it off too much longer but then again, summer is almost over... its not like I need the A/C for much longer...

I decided to address the leak by having a quick discussion with the mechanic before hitting the road the other day. Little Man asked why we had to go to the mechanic and I told him my car may have a leak. So while I'm getting ready to leave, Little Man turns to John and announces he has to go potty because his penis has a leak just like mommy's car.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Jump to the car ride. It's just me and Little Man. He's having trouble with something in the back seat but he's mumbling so I'm not exactly sure what is going on. I ask for clarification on the issue at hand but am ignored. Instead I hear:

"I have an idea! An excellent idea. I'll just try this thing instead. Yes, that is an excellent idea. I always have excellent idea!"

Nope... no self esteem issues here.

No comments:

Post a Comment