Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fat Lip #3 = ER visit #2

Shortly after dropping Little Man off at daycare this morning, John received the dreaded call: "You're son has been hurt. You have to come pick him up".

Little Man ended up on the wrong end of a play shovel and by wrong end I mean the shovel ended in his lip. A trip to the ER and 5 stitches later, the child was good to go. Well as good as can be considering it was (and still is) a tad painful. The kid is now on his 3rd official fat lip. He's doing a good job at upping the ante each time. I'm hoping he's done. I'm hoping he no longer feels the need to outdo himself. Just because the ER provided us the name of a local plastic surgeon doesn't mean we need to rush off for an appointment. Don't anyone give this kid any ideas!

I'm sitting here on the couch with him. I keep looking at him and my heart breaks a little each time I look at him. He looks so pathetic with puppy sitting next to him. On the other side of me is my darling husband. Poor guy is stuck watching Berenstein Bears with Little Man while I get to play on the computer. I think he needs to get out of the house a bit more and I quote: "I keep waiting for Papa Bear to go crazy and maul somebody". I'm so glad Little Man is a tad out of it and isn't paying attention to his father right now. He's learned enough bad habits from his parents.

When it came time to stitch him up, the doctor decided to place him on the board and strap him down. It sounds a bit harsh but it is a smart idea considering there were needles involved and they would be working on his face. Too close to his eyes for my comfort considering this kid's strength and ability to break out of the strongest holds.

So picture my darling son, all 3 feet and 40 lbs of him with a bloodied, swollen lip strapped down - my son mind you. Think he's going to lie there quietly and let the doctor do his thing? Hell no. The kid started screaming at the doctor: "You let me up right now. This is not fair. Let me GO! No Fair!"

I wasn't there so I want to know first, how the hell the doctor managed to shut him up long enough to stitch him up and second, how he contained himself and didn't stitch his lips... together.

So I believe the Brown family is now 3 for 3 when it comes to screaming at a doctor. At least Little Man hasn't decked one.... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment