Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Conversation is Due

Karma and I are about to have a very long conversation. She needs to learn there are some things that are entirely off limits. I got my first flu shot this year even though I've never had the flu. I did it because I caved to the pressure - you must get it for your son. It is pointless if he gets his shot but you don't get yours. Never mind that's how we did it the last 2 years but I understand I'd be playing the numbers so I caved. It is amazing how easy it can be to guilt me by using my son against me.

I also quit smoking on the 2nd of this month. Turned out to be super easy. I'm trying to eat healthier and am slowly trying to ease into a workout routine. All of this combined should guarantee me a healthy winter and if I am really lucky - the loss of a few pounds as well.

The loss of pounds I have managed to already achieve just not the way I wanted which gets me back to my original statement regarding Ms. Karma and our very long conversation. You do NOT turn on someone who is doing such great things by giving her the freaking FLU!

Yes, you read that correctly. I, the one who got the flu shot this year, got the Flu. I, the one who quit smoking, got the Flu. Sweet Mother what is she doing to me?

My son has his own medicine for me. He runs up to me constantly to give me hugs. He doesn't quite get it though. He still wants me to do everything for him. He proceeded to give me demand after demand - I sit in your lap mommy. You dip my chicken in the ketchup mommy. You feed me mommy.

Do you want me to peel some grapes for you as well while I'm at it?

Yes mommy. Thank you mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment