Saturday, September 5, 2009

Door Knobs

The joys of home ownership. Regardless how thorough inspection is conducted prior to the sale, you always find things after.

So today we finally had the pantry door replaced. The previous owners installed new wall-to-wall carpeting throughout the house; very nice, very thick, very expensive carpeting; however, they did not bring it into any of the closets with the exception of the walk in closet in the master bedroom. The new rug sits considerably higher than the old carpet which is still in all of the closets. All of the closets are bi fold doors on tracks. The tracks are on the old rug. Did I mention the new rug sits considerably higher? You get the picture right?

Soo, the old pantry door ended up completely off the both tracks. We gave up fixing it and managed a prop job that would keep it from tumbling on Little Man. I finally hit my breaking point a few weeks back and not so nicely told my husband he was taking his butt out and buying new doors.

A few screw ups and delays but FINALLY I have a new pantry door that opens and closes properly. (Yes, I stood there for a good 10 minutes doing just that marveling at how easy it would be for me to now access all the crap stored in there. Then I promptly reorganized it to figure out how much of really was crap - surprisingly, not much).

We also had a door installed to the laundry room. Something about exposed insulation and young children.... I'd rather have a door I can close than continue to deal with that stupid gate.

Installer: "Hey, do you guys have a door knob for this door?".

Oops....

No comments:

Post a Comment